I’m the Mount St. Helens of writers/bloggers—dormant for a long stretch, then a few puffs of ash and smoke, warning of a coming explosion. Brace yourselves! Conglomeration post ahead.
1. HEART TROUBLE (Loose Id – 8/13/13) Edits are finally finished! Can I get a hallelujah? I started out loving the book, then I slowly started to loathe it throughout the editing process. Maybe loathe is too strong a word, but there was definitely some animosity between the two of us. Think of it like eating your favorite ice cream—a bowl or two a week is a nice treat. A giant bowl each night makes you grow sick of it right quick.
But now that it’s all finished (and edited to within an inch of its life), I love it again. Really, really adore this little book, and I’m incredibly proud of it too. Hopefully a cover will be forthcoming soon to share. I do have a blog tour planned, along with a bunch of other stops at writer friends’ blogs to promote. I’m doing a nice giveaway with gift certificates, pretty heart jewelry, and some free copies of the book. Stay tuned for more on that in the coming weeks!
2. CONTRACT NEWS. I signed a contract just last night with Evernight Publishing for BURN, another novella featuring a naughty chef. It falls in around 24k. Still relatively short, but it’s heavy on the angst, and nobody gets tortured with vegetables or kitchen implements. Sorry! I’ll post more when I have a firm release date, cover, etc. Right now it’s slated for sometime in late August.
Also, there’s this:
@SandraBunino oh my goodness, that’s so awesome! And how exciting for you, writing for an eMag. I’ll be sure to check it out & share. TY!!
— Jenny Lyn (@JennyLynwrites) July 3, 2013
So yeah, pretty excited about that too. BTS Book Reviews link, if you care to take a peek at the eMag.
3. HIGH OCTANE HEROES: EROTIC ROMANCE FOR WOMEN. (Cleis Press, 9/3/13) The anthology has its own webpage and Facebook page if you’d like to keep up with the various posts that are being done by all the contributing authors. I have a couple post dates coming up where I’ll be talking about my story in the anthology, DIVING DEEP, and my latest release(s).
4. FELT TIPS. The anthology is now available in print, if you like to read on dead trees. Currently the link is not up on Amazon, but you can go to Createspace and order now if you don’t want to wait. Remember, all sales proceeds are going to a charity that provides school supplies to underprivileged youth. I’ve seen the early sales numbers and they’re substantial. I’m proud to be a part of the project.
5. If you’re on Twitter and you logged on last night around 9:00 p.m. EST, there was no way to miss the epic awesomeness that was #SharkNado. Syfy aired it’s latest campy, over-the-top masterpiece about tornadoes in Los Angeles that scoop sharks up out of the ocean and drop them all over L.A. whereby they proceed to devour everyone. Yup. I laughed until my sides hurt and tweeted along with the masses. The tweets were even funnier than the movie. One of mine got some nice attention, including a RT by @Syfy exec, Craig Engler.
Naming the hero Finn in a shark movie. hahaha You guys at Syfy are GENIUSES! #SharkNado
— Jenny Lyn (@JennyLynwrites) July 12, 2013
6. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, I want to give a shout-out to two of my girls who have new releases.
If you’re in the mood for a sexy, noir romance, ALYSSA LINN PALMER has a new release out, THE PARIS GAME.
On the darker side of Paris, it’s dangerous to not pay your debts…
A singer in a jazz club past its prime, Sera Durand must come up with thousands of euros to pay back her boss, a ruthless gangster. A confrontation with her ex, an art dealer profiting on the wrong side of the law, leads her into a questionable wager, but one that could solve her problems.
Marc Perron knows a winning proposition when he sees one. Seducing a shy young woman of Sera’s acquaintance will be the easiest thing in the world, and the prize, to have Sera in his bed once again, is worth the chance of losing a sizable sum. What he didn’t expect was the depth of Sera’s desperation.
When one of his deals goes awry, Marc’s solution could cost them more than money…
Mosey over to her website for more info on the series and purchase links. Congrats on the new release, Alyssa!
A picture perfect house.
A wealthy, handsome husband.
Kate wanted to live like a trophy wife.
Sometimes you get what you asked for.
Katie-bug is a novella-length story (11k words) that includes adult situations. Please note that it’s not a romance.
Girlfriend knows how to design a cover, and what’s behind it is just as filthy good.
I think that about covers everything for now. I’m awaiting news on a short story submission for another anthology, as well as news for my very favorite story I’ve written to date, Blue Sky. A contract offer *should* be forthcoming any day on that one. xx fingers crossed xx I’m also frantically trying to finish two more books that could possibly be out later this year if all goes well.
I’m gonna be that bowl of Caramel Turtle Cheesecake ice cream by the time August 13th rolls around–tasty for a few days, then nauseating. Can’t say I didn’t warn you.
Have a safe weekend, y’all!!